Thursday, September 23, 2010

a quote

Pink Tulip

A flower is relatively small. Everyone has many associations with a flower - the idea of a flower. You may put out your hand to touch the flower - lean forward to smell it - maybe touch it with your lips almost without thinking - or give it to someone to please them. Still - in a way - nobody sees a flower - really it is so small - we haven't time - and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time. If I could paint the flower exactly as I see it no one would see what I see because I would paint it small like the flower is small.



So I said to myself - I'll paint what I see - what the flower is to me but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking time to look at it -



-Georgia O'Keefe

Yellow Sweet Peas

No comments: