Thursday, July 21, 2011

several things.

First - the Crucible. It is the thing that's taking up most of my time these days.


I am basically off-book..there might be a couple times I have to call for a line, but overall, I'm good. This is when the real fun begins.


My character appears briefly in Act 1, several significant times in Act 2, and in the whole of Act 3 (or "the beast" as it has been affectionately referred to). Act 1 isn't nearly as vexing as Acts 2 and 3, because it's not an emotional rollercoaster for me. Acts 2 and 3 are.


Maybe it's just because I've really never done a drama before, or maybe there is something legitimately special about the show, but last night after running Act 3 (the intense courtroom) I was shaking. I was pumped with adrenaline. I wanted to cry. I think it's just my lack of experience working on a show like this. It's really cool.


--


Tomorrow night is the FOLLIES! Come come come! OAT, 7:00, $10. Be there...or don't.
The Light girls (that are in town) will be performing ;)


--


As if I need anything else to be thinking about, I have the senior recital on Monday, the 25th, 7:30, the Presbyterian church in Rolla, free. You can come if you want to. I'll be playing :/

No comments: