Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reheasals for The Crucible began yesterday. During the afternoon session we did a read-through, and in the evening we blocked act 1. It's a little scary how quickly this whole process is going to be...after rehearsal this afternoon and tonight (blocking acts 2 and 3), I'll be done with blocking. We're supposed to be off book by next Tuesday. I'll try to keep y'll updated on how it's all going for me...very different from a Fine Linen rehearsal! And it's not a musical. And it's not happy. Very, very different from anything I've done before.

I had read the play before in school, but I have never seen it performed, so the read-through was extremely helpful as far as understanding the character's personalities and the tonality of the piece. It's going to be an excellent production.

No comments: