Sunday, January 2, 2011

embrace the irrelevance

Yesterday, I showered at my grandmother's house. I showered at my grandmother's house because..I stayed up really late/early on New Year's Eve/New Year's Day morning.

Really, really late/early.

So!

I didn't have time to shower at home, so I showered at my grandparent's, because our tradition (cue Fiddler music...tradition!!!) is to go over to their place on New Year's Day.

I bet you are wondering where the heck I'm going with this. Bear with me.

It's yet another story from me that is completely irrelevant....but the only other thing that I could write about is the cough I have and the fact that I'm watching the Lord of the Rings movies again and really like them, and I don't want to write about illness and 3 hour long films!

So I write about irrelevant things.

Usually there is a bottle of "girl shampoo" (you know, that kind that smells like almonds and boasts that it contains oils and "butters" from all sorts of fruits and flowers and nuts, but probably would be just as effective without all of that..) in the shower, but not this time. Nope. All that I could find was some "boy shampoo"...it was Mary Kay Tribute for Men, and it smelled like..well, like a male. I thought, what the heck. I'll just use it.

My hair smelled like a boy. From time to time, I would catch a whiff of it and think "Who is wearing that awful, smelly cologne?" Then I would realize that it was my hair. And then I would laugh to myself and promise not to use shampoo meant for males ever again.

No comments: