Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Littering is for Losers! Part One

On my walk yesterday, I couldn't help but notice all of the trash along the side of our county road. I decided that today I would walk with a trash bag and pick all of it up. I planned to walk along one side of the road on the way there, and walk along the other side of the road on the way back. I only got the trash from one side of the road...my bag was full and breaking before I turned around to come home. I couldn't even drag it home...I had to go back with the van later to bring it all home. Tomorrow I'll go along the other side of the road...and I'll take two bags, and possibly a sibling to help me :)
Isn't that disgusting? Just plain nasty. Beer bottles, beer cans, soda cans, a few misc. glass bottles, plastic bottles, and a couple squished beer cans. All of it has found a new, loving home...in our garage in their respective recycling bins.

Some of my finds....a glove, a windshield wiper, an empty chapstick, one of those smelly things you hang in your car, and an empty Ben and Jerry's carton. I also found a bunch of misc. trash, some empty tobacco tins, and a cigarette lighter.

No comments: