Friday, November 7, 2008

Late Night Observations

It is 10:00. Why am I awake? And why am I writing on my blog? These are the questions I ask myself.
I have a batch of cookies in the oven. We have an all-day rehearsal scheduled tomorrow and I thought that the cast would enjoy a snack. I was going to make a double batch but we only had two eggs and to double it I needed four. I also am running 3 loads of laundry because we haven't done any laundry since Monday and I need clean clothes!!! We got off of our laundry schedule and that messed it all up, and someone will probably complain tomorrow about how they have a pair of jeans they'd like washed and why didn't I tell them I was doing laundry. On the contrary, I have a comeback; I did tell them I was running a few loads of laundry...
Noises are greatly magnified at night. I set a metal spoon on the counter and I feel as though the clink shook the entire house. What's funny is that the sound isn't really louder; it's all in my mind. I have the radio on for some entertainment, and even though the volume is down to more that half of what it is normally, I still feel that the noise is keeping everyone awake.
I just got the first batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven, and of course I had to eat one. It's impossible to resist a warm chocolate chip cookie:-)

No comments: