Sunday, August 7, 2011

over for now

And, just like that, it's over. Well, the show itself isn't over, but I am now relaxing in the basement, sipping tea, waiting quietly until curtain calls. I believe I have been in at least one show on the OAT stage 8 out of the last 10 years. This is my home. I love the people here. I love the ugly mountains painted on the basement walls. I love the creepy artwork in the dressing rooms. I love the nasty rug that is always super grody. I love the smell of the building. I love the bat that makes appearances from time to time.

I'm really looking forward to working with new people with new ideas in a new space with new smells and new quirky things. I'm just really, really going to miss being home.

I have yet to cry. I had thought that I might cry on stage, but in the heat and adrenaline of the moment, I did not.

It's not over, I keep telling myself. It's just over for now.

1 comment:

Alyssa Jean said...

I'm looking forward to Fine Linen's next performance! :D I love and miss you Jenna!